Note: Affiliate links may be used in this post. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you if you use my affiliate link. Full disclosure policy here.
Virtual Assistant Services
Are you trying to decide which virtual assistant services to offer in your VA biz?
Here are 10 in-demand virtual assistant services to offer!
Related: How to Become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant
The Best VA Services to Offer
While blogging accounts for most of my income, I also do a bit of VA work. With just one client and a few hours of work per week, I’m able to earn a guaranteed $600 a month which is awesome!
I do a variety of tasks for my client, including things like:
- Designing pins for blog posts using Canva and writing pin descriptions
- Scheduling Twitter content using Meet Edgar
- Researching and compiling potential SEO backlink opportunities
- Designing various blog-related graphics using Canva
- Researching and writing content for email newsletters
As you can see, I do a lot of different things, which I enjoy! However, some VAs choose to focus on offering just one service to their clients (ex. Pinterest management) and are very successful that way too!
Here are 10 of the best virtual assistant services that you can make money from:
Social Media Management
Many bloggers and business owners don’t have time to manager their own social media accounts. As a virtual assistant, your job is to step in to manage and grow your client’s social media accounts. This could include overseeing their Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts and taking care of tasks such as:
- Setting up branded social media accounts
- Scheduling social media content
- Creating original social media content
- Increasing followers or engagement
- Responding to comments
- Interacting with social media followers
Virtual assistants who can offer blog management services are in high demand. As a blog manager, you might helps clients with tasks such as:
- Uploading and formatting blog posts
- Sourcing photos for blog posts
- Interlinking new and old blog posts
- Optimizing blog posts for SEO
- Updating old blog posts regularly
Ideally, a virtual assistant offering blog management services would have familiarity with content management platforms such as WordPress and knowledge of SEO best practices.
Dealing with customers can be time-consuming, so many business owners are always looking for help with this task. As a customer service VA, your daily tasks might include things like:
- Onboarding new customers
- Answering questions from customers
- Dealing with customer complaints
If you already have experience in the customer service industry, those skills would make this a great option for you!
No one likes having a cluttered email inbox, which is why many bloggers and business owners are willing to pay for email management services from a virtual assistant. While there can be some overlap between customer service and email management, some clients are looking for someone to manage their whole inbox, which is the job for an email management VA.
Some typical email management tasks might include:
- Checking your client’s email inbox
- Responding to emails on behalf of your client
- Setting up an organization system (like folders) for emails
Running Ad Campaigns
You know those ads you see while scrolling Facebook and Instagram? Plenty of business owners are looking for a VA who can set up those ads for them to advertise their product or service.
Here are some tasks that ad managers would deal with:
- Creating and managing ad campaigns
- Designing and writing copy for ads
- Tracking metrics like cost and ROI of ads
- Optimizing ads for maximum ROI
While this is a more technical skill with a steeper learning come, ads experts are in high demand and this can be a VERY profitable service to offer as a VA.
Managing Product Launches
Bloggers and business owners often need help when launching a new product, such as an ebook or online course. As a virtual assistant, you can offer your services to make their launch go as smoothly as possible.
Here are a few things you might do as a product launch manager:
- Setting up opt-in pages and sales page
- Setting up payment systems
- Organizing guest post tours
- Communicating with affiliates
- Creating Facebook ads
- Dealing with customer support
Bookkeeping is essential in maintaining the financial health of a business, but many small business owners don’t have the time or desire to do it themselves. This is where your role as a bookkeeping VA comes in. Bookkeeping tasks include:
- Sending out invoices to customers
- Paying employees and contractors
- Generating balance sheets
- Paying business-related bills
- Helping to prepare taxes
Moderating Online Communities
It’s more popular than ever for bloggers and business owners to have private communities (usually Facebook groups or membership sites) for their fans or customers. These groups can be incredibly time-consuming to manage, so as a virtual assistant you can act as a moderator for the community.
Here are some things you may do an online community moderator:
- Enforce community rules
- Delete off-topic or inappropriate posts and comments
- Remove members who break the rules
- Answer questions from members
- Encourage engagement within the group
Email marketing is a task that every blogger and business owner needs to do. However, it’s one that a lot of people don’t have the time or skills to handle, which is where you come in as a virtual assistant. Email marketing VAs usually manage tasks such as:
- Setting up email autoresponder sequences
- Scheduling email newsletters
- Creating email opt-ins and landing pages
As an email marketing virtual assistant, you should be familiar with email marketing platforms like ConvertKit and Mailchimp and have knowledge of email marketing best practices.
Pinterest management is a highly in-demand service right now that many general social media managers aren’t as familiar with. Virtual assistants who specialize in Pinterest management may do things like:
- Setting up and optimizing Pinterest accounts
- Designing Pinterest graphics
- Scheduling Pinterest posts using Tailwind
- Optimizing posts for Pinterest SEO
So, which virtual assistant service do you think you will offer?